What is Professional Liability or E&O Insurance?

Professional Liability



Professional Liability Insurance, Errors & Omissions Insurance or E&O Insurance are common and interchangeable terms of insurance that cover a variety of professional occupations outside of the medical community.  Medical related professional policies are often referred to as malpractice insurance.


Professional or E&O insurance protects those in professional businesses from losses arising from their acts, errors, omissions, breach of duty, or failure to act that result in a financial harm to a third party.  Claims alleging bodily injury and property damage are typically excluded because they are better suited to be insured under the general liability policy.


What Type of Professions Need E&O Insurance Coverage?

What professions need E&O insurance?  Well, just about any occupation that requires specialized knowledge, education, or skills that are not commonly possessed by the general public could be considered professionals requiring this special coverage.  The most common professions for which there are specialized forms of coverage specifically designed for that profession, include:

  • Architects & Engineers
  • Accountants & Auditors
  • Insurance Agents
  • Real Estate Agents
  • Druggists
  • Personal Trainers
  • Beauticians & Barbers
  • Social Workers & Counselors
  • Property Managers
  • Information Technology Consultants
  • Travel Agents
  • Veterinarians
  • Animal Groomers
  • Business Coaches & Trainers
  • Management Consultants
  • & Many More!

For more information on Professional Liability Insurance, please contact us!




Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Call Now Button